Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Donut Shack! It's a Shack Attack!

Jan and I visited the Donut Shack in Severna Park, MD on our way to the airport. Actually, it wasn't on the way, but it beckoned to us. "Come! Partake! So fluffy, so good! 24 hours a day of delicious donuts!"


They have one "special donut" per day, but we stuck to the classics: Bavarian Cream, Boston Cream, and Raised Glazed (which they called "Honey Covered," but I know a Raised Glazed when I see and taste one.) Here they are...



This is why the Donut Shack is the best thing ever: it's open 24 hours a day, and has a cute U-shaped counter where truckers/Jan & I can saddle up and drink really good diner coffee, AND (most important) their donuts are the first I've eaten that didn't have that lard-y aftertaste that hurts so good but makes you question your donut decisions. ("Should I have had the third?" Lard-y aftertaste says "No.") I'm going to say it: they weren't fancy, but they were the best, lightest, fluffiest donuts I've ever had. Here's the cute to-go bag:


All hail the Donut Shack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.